Not everyone likes the idea of seeing the dentist. Many people may even agree that it is not something that they look forward to. However, it is necessary to schedule appointments every six months to keep one’s oral health in great shape.
What makes people feel uncomfortable during dental visits is probably because of the unfamiliarity for most procedures. Other patients think that everything performed at a dental office causes them pain and discomfort. They should know that dentists find ways to make every visit a pleasant experience. Besides, there are dental procedures that can be performed smoothly with long-term effects, like dental sealants!
Dental sealants are thin, plastic coatings that are applied on the chewing surface of the teeth that has deep and narrow pits. These pits can be the perfect home for bacteria in the mouth since toothbrush bristles would not be able to reach the bottom. Molars and premolars are the teeth that usually have these on their surface. The problem is the portion where there are pits can be the thinnest enamel. When bacteria produce acids to attack, these can be the most vulnerable portion of a tooth.
Why are Dental Sealants Important?
- Its application on the chewing surfaces of the teeth can prevent the development of cavities. It is made possible by keeping out bacteria, acids, and other harmful substances from accumulating on the teeth.
- With the exception of allergic reactions from certain patients, there are no known side effects of dental sealants.
- The procedure is completely painless. Sealants can be applied on the teeth without the need for enamel shavings or drillings.
- Dental sealants can withstand normal chewing forces. When well maintained, it can keep the teeth protected for years.
- It prevents the occurrence of any oral complications by keeping the teeth guarded against factors that can lead to dental problems.
Patients may still practice their regular hygiene routines at home to keep their teeth and other oral structures in great shape. We at Your Expressions Family Dentistry can help provide additional protection by offering dental sealants for our patients to optimize their oral health care.
Get healthy and cavity-free teeth! Contact us for our Dental Sealants in Brunswick, NJ under our preventive care services. Book your appointment with Your Expressions Family Dentistry; we are located at 2864 Route 27, Suite-B, North Brunswick, NJ 08902.